With the ever increasing number of cars rolling out from the factory gates with the built-in Bluetooth and navigation system, you can imagine that the future cars will be equipped with better car gadgets. Wondering what kind of gadgets?
Read below to know about the top car accessories that might come with future cars:
1. Pre-Collision Systems: Future cars will be equipped with a pre-collision system to ensure safety and avoid accidents. This system warns the driver in case it detects the danger of potential collision with an obstacle or pedestrian. In case the driver doesn’t take the necessary action, the system applies the pre-collision braking force and automatic breaks to prevent collision. The information is detected by high-frequency millimeter-wave radar on the 3D object gathered by the stereo camera. This enables to judge an early timing, to assess whether a collision will happen or not.
2. Car Mount: The day is not far when the future cars will come equipped with car mounts. Cell phone Car mount enhance the driving experience and reduce the accident chances. This car accessory is soon becoming a necessity as research shows that one in four accidents is caused because of the use of mobile phones. You can attach the car mount to dashboard, vents, windshield or cupholder. This gadget lets you use the smartphone or tablet hands-free at eye level. So, you will not have to look down at the phone and take your eye off the road which causes accidents. This is not all car mounts even let the driver access maps or navigation app, access music or make a call with great ease. This device is also helpful in keeping your smartphone or tablet safely.
3. Gear Shift Palm Detection: This high-sensitivity alcohol sensor is built-in the gear shift knob. It detects the alcohol presence in the perspiration of the driver’s hand as they try to start driving. In case the alcohol-level detected is higher than the pre-determined threshold, the system automatically locks the transmission. Thus, the car stands immobilized. Also, the car navigation system sends out a ‘drunk-driving’ voice alert.
4. Drowsiness Video Sensor: This car accessory will be integrated in all the future cars and will constantly monitor the vehicle’s operational behavior. For example, it can sense if the vehicle is moving out of the driving lane. This system identifies the signs of distraction or inattentiveness in the driver. When the drowsiness video sensor system detects such behavior, it sends out either voice or message alert. Some systems come with a seat-belt alert mechanism, that is, tighten the seat-belt around the driver to bring them back to senses.
5. Night Vision camera: There is no doubt that headlights work well, but using a night-vision camera adds to the convenience and safety. The night-vision camera works fairly well. There is a front-mounted infrared camera which is tied into a dash-mounted display to give a clear picture of things in front of the car. This car accessory will be helpful on dirt roads, winding and narrow lanes. The camera gives a bright image of animals and people even in pitch dark. This avoids accidents and assures safety.
With these four car accessories the future cars will be better equipped and assure smooth, hassle-free, safe and secured driving experience.